CIMBA Italy Programs offer semester and summer programs in Italy for undergraduate students. Courses are available in business, economics, leadership, communication studies, beginning Italian and engineering. Students receive American credit from the top-ranked University of Iowa Tippie College of Business (AACSB) for courses completed as part of this program. Semester participants can take 12-18 credits and summer session students receive 6 credits. Courses are taught in English and international experience and business leadership development.
The CIMBA campus is located in the quaint Italian town of Paderno del Grappa, offering students an opportunity to live in an authentic Italian village. Located at the foot of the Dolomite Mountains in the northern Veneto region of Italy, Paderno is also just 50 miles northwest of Venice, making for an easy day-trip to one of the most famous cities in all of Italy. CIMBA’s tuition is all-inclusive and covers tuition, room & board, a meal plan, textbooks, housekeeping needs, laundry, cultural excursions, and most on-campus needs. The CIMBA program offers both need and merit based financial awards for qualifying students.
Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply by the program’s preferred date (Summer: February 15; Fall: April 15; Spring: October 15). However, applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis. For questions regarding studying abroad with CIMBA or more information, students are encouraged to contact CIMBA at email@example.com or 319-335-0920. To apply, please visit www.cimbaitaly.com/apply.
Learn more by viewing our most recent CIMBA Info Session hosted by CIMBA Recruiting Coordinator, Sharon Ho: CIMBA Info Session.
CIMBA Location & Campus
The CIMBA campus is located in the quaint, Italian town of Paderno del Grappa, which is about an hour north of Venice. At the base of picturesque Mount Grappa, the program is located on the campus of the Istituto Filipin, a private Italian boarding school. Located in the Veneto region of Italy, Paderno del Grappa is surrounded by one of the most vital business regions in the country. Many international firms such as Benneton, Geox, and Luxottica call northern Italy their home. The region is well known for its successful entrepreneurs.
The campus offers students the cultural experience of living in a small Italian community while providing access to the celebrated art and historical treasures of the Veneto region. The full-service campus facility includes residence halls, a cafeteria, private bathrooms, laundry room, and athletic facilities (including an indoor pool).
The CIMBA Advantage
- Stay on Track: Credits will transfer from the University of Iowa, a top-ranked, AACSB-accredited American university so you can graduate on time.
- Gain a Global Perspective: Located in the heart of Italy's Veneto region, home to an influential business community, boasting more than 450,000 companies.
- Explore Northern Italy & Beyond: Paderno del Grappa offers an easy gateway to traveling the rest of Italy and Europe's most famous cities.
- Immerse Yourself in an Italian Village: This quaint Italian community offers magnificent views of Mount Grappa and an authentic Italian experience.
- Expand Your Leadership Toolbox: Earn certificates in leadership and personal development and gain international business experience.
- Small and Personal By Design: Get to know your professors and makes friends from all over the world through small class sizes and ample cultural exploration opportunities.
Study Abroad Programs
- 12 weeks (January-April or September-December)
- 12-18 credit hours
- 25+ independent travel days
- Cultural exploration program & company tours
- Leadership Institute certification
- 4 weeks (mid-May to mid-June)
- 6 credit hours
- 2 extended travel weekends
- Cultural exploration program & company tours
- UConn students should not enroll in BUS:3800 Business Writing
General Application Requirements
- 18+ years old
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Sophomore status and/or required prerequisites
- Approval from home university to study abroad
- Valid passport or ability to obtain one
- Ability to obtain Italian visa (non-US and EU citizens only)
Note: There is no Italian language requirement as all courses are taught in English. CIMBA will honor all study abroad requirements from a student's home university.
Program Costs & Scholarships
Please visit our website for more information on program fees. Program costs include:
- Housing (Private or double room with ensuite bathroom)
- Meal plan (3 meals, 7 days a week)
- Transportation to and from the airport at the start and end of the program
- Laundry & housekeeping services
- Certificates & transcripts
- Cultural exploration program
- Company tours
Costs are based on projected Euro exchange rate and are subject to change. Airfare, travel in Europe, and personal expenses are not included in the program cost. Universities may also charge a study abroad fee, so students should check with their home institutions.
CIMBA offers both need and merit-based financial awards to help reduce costs for qualified students.
- Need & merit awards: $100-$1000
- Resident assistant scholarship: $1500-$3000
- Social media scholarship: $250-$500
- Blog ambassador scholarship: $250-$500
- Video ambassador scholarship: $750 (semester only)
For deadlines and application requirements, please visit our website.
Most students will be able to use their financial aid and scholarships when studying abroad with CIMBA. Federal law allows government money such as grants and loans to be used for study abroad purposes. Students must apply for financial aid through their home institution. Students should check with their university to determine the procedure for applying for aid for study abroad programs. The CIMBA office will work with other universities to help facilitate the financial aid process and can provide a budget of estimated costs if it is required. Students must notify the CIMBA office if they will be receiving financial aid.
How to Apply
To apply, visit www.cimbaitaly.com/apply. Students are encouraged to apply by the program’s preferred application date. However, applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis. Some universities have special application procedures. Students should check with their home institutions before submitting their application.
CIMBA Italy Programs
108 Pappajohn Business Building, Suite C300
Iowa City, IA 52242